Ice cream is extremely sensitive to temperature fluctuations that can cause it to lose its texture or shrink. Here are some useful tips on how to keep your ice cream in perfect condition from the store to your home.
- Choose a tub that feels very cold and solid.
- Always pick up ice cream last when grocery shopping
to minimize time out of the freezer.
- Go straight home from the store and try to keep travel time within 30 minutes.
- Use an insulated bag such as a cooler bag to store ice cream for the ride home.
- Make sure your home freezer is set to its coldest temperature.